Gambling Help

Couples who need marriage counseling are referred to The Marriage Clinic at the Saskatoon Sexual Health Centre, where they are assessed and referred to a counselor.

The Saskatoon Sexual Health Centre offers a variety of programs and services that may be of interest to couples, such as sexual health screening, counseling, and safe haven and family preservation options.

They can also refer clients for a referral to other agencies, such as a fertility clinic or a sperm bank.

Adoption Information

Adoption may be the best solution for couples who are struggling to make the most of their existing relationships but need to figure out how to have children of their own. Adoption services are offered at various locations across Saskatchewan.

These services may include counseling, fertility management, adoption referrals, legal support and birth plan support. The Saskatchewan government is committed to having a child-friendly legal system.

A child is anyone under the age of 18. It includes adopted children, foster children and child-careers. The age of a child is not the same as the age of the parents. Most provinces and territories have an age of consent for sexual activity.

In Saskatchewan, the age of consent is 14 years of age. An older child will be considered older if they are 14 or 15 years of age and have a mental or physical disability

Financial Assistance for Children

The Child and Family Services Bureau of the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions provides free financial assistance for childcare, day care, and children’s homes in Saskatchewan. Financial assistance is available to any parent, guardian, or other person claiming as their own.

These programs may include income splitting and family assistance. In addition, there are financial assistance programs available for families who are underinsured, in arrears with their child support payments, or who lack sufficient funds for the basic needs of their children.

For more information on financial assistance, please contact the Child and Family Services Bureau of the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) administers a number of programs in Saskatchewan to help individuals in need, including refugees and immigrants.

These programs include food-sharing programs, emergency grants, employment training, and transitional employment assistance for newcomers and returning citizens. For more information on these programs, please contact the CFIA.

The Children’s Fund of Saskatchewan administers the Children’s Fund of Canada and has several grants to help families and children across the country.

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for a grant under any of the above programs, you must be in need and be able to meet the application conditions. You will need to apply for a grant through the Government of Saskatchewan.